Issuing shrill cries to try and blame #ObamaReidShutdown on GOP
Not unexpected, but surprisingly lame. Everyone knows a man whose starting negotiating position is that he will not negotiate is responsible not only for any shutdown that occurs but also perpetuating a dysfunctional government.
• The Washington Bezos-Post: “House pushes U.S. to the edge of a shutdown”
• CBS News-Rather: “Risking government shutdown, House GOP seeks Obamacare delay”
• NBC-Sharpton News: “Shutdown nears as House passes funding bill that delays Obamacare”
• MSNBC-Madcow News: “House Republicans embrace government-shutdown plan”
• Al Reuters: “U.S. Republicans reject Senate bid to avoid government shutdown”
• The New York Daily Bloomberg: “House Republicans Increase Likelihood of Government Shutdown”The House holds the power of the purse. It is their Constitutional duty to pass responsible spending bills.
It is Obama and the Democrats who ignore all Constitutional checks and balances.
They will not negotiate with the House. They won’t discuss even a single penny.
What does it say about a president who states quite explicitly that he will negotiate with terrorists, mass-murders and despots — but not Republicans?
The radical extremists leading the Democrat Party — men and women who refuse to negotiate — are responsible for any shutdown that occurs.
So in case you didn’t know, don’t trust the media to tell you the truth.